Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Edamame. That is all.



Since converting to a plant based diet in early January 2015, I have discovered so many new foods.  Instead of craving sugary, sweet snacks I now look forward to eating a variety of vegetables....yes, vegetables!

One of my favourite snacks is edamame.  Edamame are soy beans in the pod, usually available as a side dish in any sushi restaurant.  Not that I had ever eaten them when we went to get sushi. 

Now I cannot get enough of them!  I buy them at our local supermarket (in the frozen section), throw them in some boiling water for a few minutes.  They are already cooked so it's just about warming them through.  Then I squeeze fresh lemon or lime juice and add some cracked black pepper. 

Only the soy beans inside should be eaten as the pods are stringy and tough. 

They are a favourite for our kids too - such an easy and healthy snack for the whole family. So look out for them next time you are at the supermarket and pick up a bag (or 20). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...