I just love a lunch bowl for lunch! I've even had one for breakfast last week! Like most vegan food, there is so much choice and there are no rules!
We have just come off a really long hot summer and now that the weather has finally cooled, I've been roasting a batch of vegetables a few times a week. I used the same flavours this time for each of the vegetable types just because it was easy. But it would also be great to mix up the herbs and spices for each vegetable type as well.
- head of cauliflower, broken into florets
- zucchini, sliced lengthways
- sweet potato, roasted
- brussels spouts, cut in half
- fresh corn
- brown rice, cooked
- black beans, rinsed, soaked and boiled
- spring onions, sliced
- juice of 1 lime
- lemon-tahini sauce
- dried oregano
- olive oil, about a teaspoon per group of vegetables
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
2. Cook the corn in boiling water for five minutes and then cut the corn from the cob and set aside.
3. Mix the each of the vegetables (cauliflower, zucchini, brussels sprouts) with a teaspoon of olive oil, salt and pepper and dried oregano.
4. Spread the vegetables on a tray lined with baking paper, making sure that there is enough space surrounding the vegetables so that the hot air can circulate and make them deliciously brown and crispy.
5. Roast in the oven for 20-30 minutes, or until brown and crispy. After around 10-15 minutes, give the pans a shake to turn the vegetables over so that they are browned on both sides.
6. Once the vegetables are cooked, let them cool a little.
7. Assemble the lunch bowl by layering the brown rice on the bottom, followed by some rocket, black beans and more rocket. Then place the roasted vegetables on top along with the corn and spring onions.
8. When ready to serve, drizzle lime juice and lemon-tahini sauce and mix through all of the layers.
Note: This recipe is part of a meal plan. For the daily meal plan, click here.